Personal Democracy Forum is a month away, and as a member of the Idealist community, you qualify for a $100 discount off the registration cost.
What is PdF?
Personal Democracy Forum (PdF) is “the world’s leading conference exploring and analyzing technology’s impact on politics and government.” It takes place June 6-7 in New York City.
This year’s theme is Agents of Change. Say the organizers:
We’ll be shifting focus from technology itself to what people do with these new tools; how key actors like organizers, political leaders, volunteers, and followers interact; and how these players are learning from and adapting to the new environment they are themselves helping create and shape.
Learn more and register at www.Personaldemocracy.com/Conference.
Who can I see there?
Speakers this year will include:
- Sami Ben Gharbia, Tunisian exile blogger-journalist-activist
- Vivek Kundra, White House Chief Information Officer
- Jenny Beth Martin, national co-coordinator of the Tea Party Patriots
- Andy Carvin, NPR social media guru
- Susan Morgan, director of the Global Network Initiative
- Nathan Freitas, longtime longtime coder, the Guardian Project
- …and many more.
And how do I snag that discount?
Simply enter the code IDEALIST2011 when you register, and you’ll be charged $100 less than the stated price.