Fall is the perfect time to turn over a new leaf—and get more serious about making your world-changing ideas happen. Here are four fellowships to help you level up:
- WHO: Rising nonprofit leaders ages 23-35 from around the world with a Bachelor’s degree and English proficiency. There’s only one catch: U.S. leaders can’t apply.
- WHAT: You’ll be placed at a U.S. organization with all living expenses paid, and receive leadership training throughout the year. After 12 or 18 months, you go back to your home country to share best practices, show off your new skills, and more.
- WHEN: Deadline to apply is November 1.
- WHO: Open to anyone in the world with a for-profit or nonprofit social venture. The only things you need to demonstrate are strong business chops and your ability to continually iterate on your idea or product.
- WHAT: If chosen to be one of 12, you’ll receive a more than reasonable package of customized mentorship, access to 250+ investors and funders, and support from others who have gone before you.
- WHEN: Deadline to apply is November 7.
- WHO: English speakers 30 years old and younger who have an undergrad degree and believe health is a basic human right, regardless of past experience.
- WHAT: Once accepted, you’re paired with a local from a health organization for one year of ‘frontlines’ teamwork in Burundi, Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, Zambia, or the U.S. (Boston, DC, Newark, or New York). Super cool bonus: an end-of -year retreat in Uganda.
- WHEN: Applications open November 6; deadline to apply is January 26.
- WHO: Social innovators in both the for-profit and nonprofit worlds. Applicants who pop have three to five years of experience, and are already working in organizations that have potential for growth.
- WHAT: You and and 19 others will participate in an all-expenses paid program where established innovators and leaders will help you focus on scaling your innovation, culminating in a presentation at the annual PopTech conference. The rest of the year, you’re tapped into an alumni network to help you get media coverage and funding.
- WHEN: Nominations open in February 2014.
Interested in more opportunities? Search Idealist for more than 1,500 fellowships around the globe.
Resource tip: The Opportunity Daily has all sorts of great fellowships, funding, and more sent directly to your inbox each day.