If you’re looking to change the world, you’re probably also looking for information and a community to help you get started. Of course, you can always read about people making a difference right here in our blog and some of our favorite blogs like GOOD and Lifehacker. However, there are plenty of additional blogs out there where you can find advice on how to move from intention to action. Here are a few we love with blog posts for you to explore.
Socialchange.is: If you are a social entrepreneur or intrapreneur, and need help getting started or pushing through that “Am I the only one?” feeling, Socialchange.is is a new platform for sharing ideas, stories, and resources.
- It’s OK to take a break
- The fine art of fundraising
- 1 thing Silicon Valley can’t teach social entrepreneurs
Dowser: We already know what’s wrong with the world (after all, that’s why many of are working for social change) but focusing on the problems can leave even the most dedicated changemaker full of doubt. Dowser focuses on what’s working—the people, organizations, and ideas that are transforming lives for the better.
- Unreasonable at Sea: Sparking innovation in the middle of the Pacific
- After a decade of war Afghan dreamers project seeks to tell a different story
- Social enterprises respond to Delhi gang rape case
99u: Though targeted at creative professionals—although what‘s more creative than, say, creating a plan to eliminate poverty?—the purpose of this blog is to help people execute on their ideas. In addition to thoughtful articles about overcoming obstacles to action, they publish workbook with short quotes and questions to help you move forward.
- The joy of creative ignorance: embracing uncertainty in your day-to-day
- Want to learn a new habit? Start small
- How rejection breeds creativity
Shareable: This blog is all about sharing. They believe that sharing—which demonstrates a commitment to the greater good—is at the heart of what will make the world a better place so they cover the interesting and innovate ways people are giving their time and resources to others.
- Transforming neighborhoods through guerilla gardening
- How to start a repair cafe
- The ultimate guide to travelling with no money
Social Good Guide: OK, I’m cheating here. This one isn’t a blog so much as a can’t miss resource for scholarships, fellowships, and other educational opportunities for people who want to accelerate social and environmental change.
- Oxford scholarships for African human rights advocates
- Become a summerpreneur—social entrepreneurship summer scholarship in Switzerland
- Emerging leaders international fellows program and US diversity fellowship
We know we missed a few, so share what YOU love to read in the comments below.