We’re big fans over here of Lifehacker, the ultimate site for helping you make movement on those ideas in your head. Here are some of our favorite recent posts:
- Feeling stuck? Author Dan Ariely talks about how things like positive feedback and ownership help us find meaning in our work to stay motivated.
- Never feel like there’s enough time to volunteer or do that project you’ve been wanting to do? Janet Choi talks about how to escape the cult of busy.
- When you’re trying to get your nonprofit or social enterprise off the ground, you often meet a lot of people – sometimes too many. Try asking a question to better remember someone’s name.
- Think making the world a better place is too lofty a goal? Think again. Randall Degges argues that having high personal standards is surprisingly simple to execute.
- Have to thank that person for donating? And plan that event? And all of the million other things you need to do? Forget thinking of your day as a long 24 hour stretch; try instead treating it as a series of 15 minute blocks to make your to-do list more flexible.
Have your own tips on getting things done? Let us know in the comments.