Our content falls into three main categories: intentions (the good ideas in your head), obstacles (the difficulties you face when taking steps toward action), and the Idealist community (wonderful users like you).
While we strive to share the range of experiences of people making a difference, there are a few topics we particularly love to explore:
- Your not-so-rosy experiences with social change. We know doing good is not always rainbows and kittens, and we’d love if it you shared your challenging, messy, and complicated story. We don’t mind if it doesn’t have a resolution; we’re more interested in honest, vulnerable writing that resonates emotionally.
- Replicable ideas. Seen or heard about an idea in one place that you think could work in another? We’re always on the lookout for innovative projects that are fun and potentially replicable. More than that, though, we’re curious about the nitty gritty details of how to make them happen. (And photographers: we’d love to feature your photo essays of replicable ideas!)
- Tips and insights. Have some advice on how to combat apathy around you? Know some things about how not to burn out? If you have interesting advice, resources, or strategies to share related to overcoming obstacles or acting on intentions, a short list of tips is welcomed. We’re particularly interested in tips from outside the nonprofit sector.
- Opinions. Don’t like the word “help”? Think giving up is actually good advice sometimes? If you have opinions that go against the norm, we’d love to hear them.
- Small acts. You and I both know people in our community who are using their skills and passions in small ways to make a big difference. But they often go overlooked. Help us share their awesomeness with the world.
- Using Idealist beyond a nonprofit job. We know: we’re your go-to for all social good career opportunities. But if you’ve taken advantage of our site in other ways (found love? funders? people to collaborate with?), we’re all ears.
Sharing your story and the stories of others inspires the Idealist community and nets you a little buzz for yourself, your project, or your organization.
Interested? Fill out the form below. We’ll try our best to get back to you as soon as possible if we’re intrigued by what you have to say.