You want to make the world a better place. But you don’t know where to start. Or how to keep going.
Sound familiar? Over the past year, I’ve spoken to hundreds of people like you who’ve had ideas to better your community, whether it be starting your own project or getting involved with one that already exists. Some of you made your ideas happen. Others are still thinking about it.
It’s normal to feel stuck. Maybe you don’t have someone to bounce ideas off of. Or you’re afraid of failing. Sometimes, if you’re really honest with yourself, you start to question the point of it all.
If you’re nodding your head, then the content we write here will be for you.
While our friends over at idealistcareers.org will be helping you further your social impact career, we’ll be covering the small and big ways people are facing obstacles, and turning their good intentions into action.
- Stories of how people have made their ideas a reality, and tips if you might want to copy an idea yourself.
- Strategies from the business, science, arts, and technology spheres that will help you take a step forward on your good intentions.
- Explorations of what it means to have a good intention, and the unexpected challenges and failures that can result.
- Resources that directly speak to the obstacles of fear, funding, people, time, and more.
- Knowledge sharing among the awesome Idealist community that has done a lot, seen a lot, and knows a lot about making change happen.
We’d love it if you’d help build this with us.
Let us know how, despite the roadblocks, you’re doing what you love. And how you keep going because you don’t know any other way.
Questions? Ideas? Stories? Contact email@example.com.