This week’s edition: all things education.
Watch an inspiring video from TED Talks on Education, like this one about how grit is key to success:
- From the good people at 99u, why your IQ doesn’t matter—and other lessons about creativity from children.
- We all come to Idealist because we’re passionate about something. Here are 25 ways to institute passion-based learning in your classes.
- Crayons all over the floor? Books out of order? Don’t despair about your messy classroom; Buzzfeed has 29 smart organization hacks for elementary school teachers.
- Tired of the same old chalkboard routine? Swap your best lesson plans with other teachers and get inspired by others’ via Share My Lesson.
- An idea to watch (and potentially copy): teens in a Massachusetts high school who are creating their own curriculum as part of the Independent Project.
- If you missed them on our blog the first time around, check out how something as a simple as changing a bathroom sign at an Oregon high school is promoting LGBT equality; the benefits of piecing together technology to offer affordable e-learning in Malawi; how one Idealist staff member took a crazy chance on an ESL project in Vietnam; and the story behind Barefoot College, an institution in rural India where the rural poor are the teachers.
- Want to attend a webinar about getting your master’s in applied nutrition? Have time on Sunday to catch the last day of a portrait exhibition at the Japanese American National Museum in L.A.? Interested in learning more about the clinical research process at an afternoon program in St. Louis?
There are over 250 events worldwide on Idealist right now with the tag “education.” Search the site and see what grabs you.
- Aspire to be a foundation program officer in South Africa? How about a foreclosure mediation coordinator in Illinois, or an after-school ASL instructor in Seattle?
Idealist is currently hosting over 6,500 job postings throughout the world tagged “education.” We also have almost 4,000 education-related internships and 9,000 volunteer opportunities to choose from.
September is back to school time. Dive into Idealist.org and see what you can learn!