This week’s edition: all things events.
Watch this video about Subway Sets, a project that brings street musicians from NYC’s underground to rooftops above the city:
- Need help keeping track of all those awesome community events you always plan on going to but then forget about? Lifehacker recommends SpotOn.It, an app for Chrome that lets you add an event to your calendar with one click.
- It’s no secret that good storytelling can help engage people with the causes we care about. From GOOD, here’s how you can throw your own epic storytelling event.
- Is there a kid in your life who’s about to go through a major transition? Here’s how our very own Hannah Kane recently created a scavenger hunt for her niece who was moving to a new home.
- A new high in fundraising: Larry Kaminer recently jumped 30,000 feet out of a plane to raise money for Seattle’s Millionair Club Charity, which helps homeless men and women find jobs. Feel free to get in touch with them to learn more if you’d like to explore doing something similar for your nonprofit.
- If you missed them on the Idealist blog the first time around, check out these posts about growing beards for domestic violence awareness, confronting stage fright head on, and hosting a TEDx in an impoverished area.
- From learning African dance in Ghana to a workshop on alternative fundraising strategies in Chicago, browse the nearly 500 events posted on Idealist right now to see what’s going on where you live.
What awesome event will you be attending this weekend?