Whether or not you’ll be watching fireworks or kicking your feet up at a BBQ tomorrow for the July 4th holiday in the U.S., here’s some reading to get you motivated:
Peep this infographic from Makeshift Magazine about celebration and its effects around the world:
- Organize all the million half-baked, good ideas you have to make a difference with a spark file.
- Get inspired by Halal Hotdogs, a food cart in Minnesota that aims to promote cultural understanding between Somalis and Americans, as well as provide potential employment for newly arrived immigrants.
- Check out these adorable earth-friendly kids food trucks and how you can get one, too.
- If you missed them the first time around, learn how nonprofits and beer breweries are working together to enact change and how you can do your own pie-a-day giveaway.
- Love the red, white, and blue? Browse almost 550,000 nonprofit jobs, volunteer opportunities, organizations, events, and like-minded people on Idealist in the U.S. alone.