Spring is in the air—along with a new set of top-notch innovation contests with equally delightful prizes. Now’s the time to pitch that creative project you’ve been mulling over all winter!
- WHO: Any social entrepreneur over 18
- WHAT: The folks at GOOD are looking for innovators from around the globe with ideas that will change the world for the better. The contestant with the top solution will receive $50,000 to make their dream a reality.
- WHEN: Deadline for submissions is May 17
- WHO: Individuals 18 or older
- WHAT: Verizon (yes, the phone company) is on the hunt for inventors and entrepreneurs with smart solutions to social issues of all sizes. The contest has three categories—health care, education, and sustainability—to direct submissions toward. Winners could go home with up to $1 million bucks—and a marketable idea to boost.
- WHEN: Deadline to enter the contest is June 30
- WHO: Open to (but not limited to) companies, research institutions, venture capitalists, entrepreneurs, and inventors.
- WHAT: A four-year long award program,this challenge aims to find one foolproof tech-based model to convert greenhouse gases into valuable products. CCEMC will narrow down the contestants every two years, first starting with a group of 20, given $500,000 to start developing their idea, and ending with awarding a sole winner $10 million to boost their product into the tech market.
- WHEN: Deadline for applications is July 15
Know of more opportunities? Let us know in the comments below.